Below are requirements and procedures which are necessary to be fulfilled when it comes to apply for student visa for Turkey.
Turkey welcomes students from all over the world. The country is becoming a new global study destination around the globe and is known as one of the world class education system. The universities offer multiple courses and most of them are offered in English as it is known as the official language. The degrees offered in Turkish universities are known internationally.
TURKEY STUDENT VISA
In Turkey, study and living expenses are low, the big cities even Istanbul offers an easy and affordable accommodation. Students live in hostels or rent flats or apartments.
Turkish visas are known as single entry (tek giris) and multiple entries (muteaddit giris) visas. Student visa requires multiple entries, while the visit / tourist visa requires single entry. International student apply for the student visa when they want to continue their higher study in any other country. Same is the case with turkey; if you want to study in turkey you must first get a student visa. After accepted by the Turkish higher education institution, one must go further to apply for the Turkish student visa.
There are many scholarship opportunities that are available for international students; the Turkish government also offers scholarships for international students who want to go for higher studies in turkey. The scholarships provided to the student are mostly state funded. Else these scholarships are based on academic merits gained by the students and financial needs of the students.
TOEFL iBT (test of English as a foreign language) is required with a minimum score of 70. IELTS score of 5.0 is required for pre masters programs and for the other programs 6.0 is acceptable.
International students are accepted on the basis of fulfillment of the admission criteria which is set by the universities personally. Some of the universities also conduct their own admission tests for the foreign students. International exams such as ACT, GCE or SAT I are also accepted.
SAT- Scholastic Aptitude Test
International students which desire to study in Turkish universities can appear in SAT tests, it comprises of three sections, reading, math and writing. The minimum score accepted in 200 and maximum score is 800 that is required to appear.
Student Visa Application Procedure
All the international students who want to apply for the student visa for turkey have to apply at their nearest Turkish embassy. You have to apply for the visa personally, make an appointment and visa application and you can also apply online.
Students who are applying for the Turkish student visa must have to fill visa application form and then have to submit it to the Turkish embassy along with the required documents that are passport and other academic documents. Student application form is easily available from the nearest Turkish embassy.
Documents needed for Student visa for Turkey:
- You need a passport that is valid for a long period that is more than 90 days.
- Your 2 passport size photos
- Enrolment letter of acceptance from the Turkish higher education institution.
- Bachelors or master’s degrees for graduate studies.
- Entrances exam scores: YGS-LYS and ALES
- A copy of valid identity card or a passport copy
- Medical health insurance proof
- Return ticket proof
- Evidence of financial / bank statement which will proof that you can easily support your study finances and living in turkey
- Visa processing fee: it varies depending upon the nationality, which is every state/ country has its own processing fee.
- Police clearance certificate / police character certificate
- Medical certificate
Students must obtain the visa before entering turkey. All documents must be translated in English or Turkish
Student Residence Permit
Students who have applied for study visa must also apply for a residence permit with the help of local authorities; if the student is in turkey already, within one month when they are arrived in turkey. Below are the documents must be submitted to the foreign relation department at the local police headquarters:
- Application form and application fee
- Travel documents; 2 copies by the side of the student visa
- You will need 4 passport size photographs with the form
- Enrolment letter which will be offered by the university which declares that student is allowed to get student visa and having the start and the end dates of the university degree course duration
Validity of the Visa
Students who are admitted in any degree program in the higher education institution in Turkey are given residency permits are valid for a period of one year. If you want to renew your residence permit you have to visit the local authorities 60 days prior your residence permit has to get expire, the new residence permit will be issued to you.